Advocate for Healthcare: Advocate for Policy Change in Healthcare Reform 0.75 Contact Hour
Advocate for Healthcare: Advocate for Policy Change in Healthcare Reform
Upon completion of the activity the learner will be able to:
- Define advocacy, recognize common myths, and describe how advocacy skills can be used
- Identify three branches of United States government and their purpose, recall how a Bill becomes a law
- Identify legislator in your area
- Discover how you can become an advocate in healthcare
Becky McClelland, MSN-Ed, RN, OCN
Clinical Education Specialist
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
5150 Centre Ave
1st floor, Suite 1B.1
Pittsburgh, PA 15223
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
To receive 0.75 contact hour, the learner must attend the entire activity, watch video, pass knowledge assessment, and complete the activity evaluation.
- 0.75 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation