On-Demand UPMC Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course
The On-Demand UPMC Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course contains the elements of the live four day activity but allows the participant to access the learning on their own schedule. Those enrolled in the course are required to complete all video modules containing lectures from the four-day course. Once all videos have been viewed, the learner will then be scheduled for the 100-point online exam. Upon passing the test, the learner is required to complete an evaluation for the course to earn a certificate of completion for the activity.
The course components include: Video lecture, chemotherapy and biotherapy course test, and course evaluation.
- Discuss the expectations related to class content and the participant’s professional responsibilities
- Discuss the roles of chemotherapy and biotherapy in the treatment of cancer
- Recall the pharmacology of different classes of antineoplastic or supportive therapies
- Recognize side effects and organ toxicities that patients may experience while receiving antineoplastic or supportive therapies
- Discuss management strategies for patients receiving antineoplastic or supportive therapies, including the prevention and treatment of toxicities and side effects
- Describe the safe administration of antineoplastic and supportive therapies
- Identify interventions to prevent chemotherapy errors
- Develop a patient care management plan for a patient receiving antineoplastic therapies
- Identify three resources for oncology healthcare providers to utilize
- Demonstrate that learning has occurred by achieving at least an 80% on the final exam
Insert Accreditation Information.
- 22.00 AAPA Category I CME
- 22.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 22.00 Attendance