WLA - Sepsis for Physicians and APPS
Welcome to Phase II of the UPMC Patient Safety Introduction course. As part of our journey through topics that can have a profound impact on patient safety and quality, this module will examine the topic of sepsis.
Topics covered in this module include, sepsis best practices, resources and expectations.
Physicians, Fellows, Residents, and Advanced Practice Providers
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the signs and symptoms of sepsis
- Apply the evidence-based, three- and six-hour bundles to treating sepsis patients
- Utilize eRecord SEPSIS PowerPlans for treating patients with sepsis
- Gregory Bump, MD - Associate Professor of Medicine, Director for GME Quality and Safety, University of Pittsburgh Internal Medicine
- Chenell Donadee, MD - Pulmonologist in Pittsbugh, PA
- Judy Shovel, RN - Improvement Specialist, Wolff Center at UPMC
- Lisa Sheehan MSN, RN, VA-BC - Programmatic Nurse Specialist - Quality Education and Program Development, Wolff Center at UPMC
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of (0.5) AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All presenters’ disclosure of relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients is listed above. No other planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.50 Attendance