Diabetes Management Session 4: Diabetes Technology Updates_Enduring
The purpose of this educational activity is to inform clinical staff of the most recent technological updates for glucose management for people with diabetes, and review continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) updates, data interpretation, and its optimal use in the management of diabetes.
Nurse, Pharmacist, Social Worker, Health Coaches, Dieticians, EMTs, Paramedics
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the most recent technical advances for the management of diabetes.
2. Summarize the basic function of continuous glucose monitoring devices, tips for patient selection and the basics for interpreting the data they provide.
3. Describe the benefits of continuous glucose monitoring in the management of diabetes.
June Lamb, MSN, RN, CDCES, LSSGB
Michelle Schreiber, MSN, RN, CCM
Michele Gordon, PhD, LSW
Dave Marr, Pharm D
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This knowledge-based activity provides 1 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1 contact hour.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyThe UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a Provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance