Ortho Essentials | April 10, 2023
This course prepares new and experienced nurses with the knowledge and tools to successfully care for orthopedic patients.
This course is open to all nurses at UPMC St. Margaret.
The learner will be able to:
- Review pre-operative and post-operative care and assessment of orthopedic patients including neurovascular assessments, neuromotor assessments, and pain management
- Demonstrate an understanding of nerve blocks in the orthopedic patient
- Discuss complications associated with orthopedic surgery and interventions to promote positive outcomes
- Review orthopedic-specific equipment
- Understand orthopedic transfers, weight-bearing status, and use of assistive devices
Kelly Tammaro, RN
UPMC St. Margaret
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is approved for the following credit: ANCC. Other healthcare professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 2.8 contact hours.
- 2.80 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 2.80 Attendance