2021 Pittsburgh Vascular Symposium
This course will provide evaluation and critique of the current and future standards of care in the treatment of the vascular patient with respect to medical management, as well as endovascular and open therapies for the primary care provider, cardiologists, interventionalists, and the vascular surgeon. It continues to focus on new developments in technology, as well as surgical techniques, and will highlight the controversies as well as accepted practices.
This course is designed for primary care providers, cardiologists, interventionalists, vascular surgeons, and other interested healthcare professionals who provide primary care services.
At the conclusion of the program, attendees should be able to:
• Explain the current standards of care for aortic and peripheral artery disease processes
• Identify and distinguish the various aspects of a modern vascular medical and surgical practice
• Recognize implications of a new era in health care delivery related o vascular pathology
• Delineate the optimal treatment strategies for patients with extremity arterial diseases, aortic aneurysms, thoracic aortic diseases and dissection, carotid artery stenosis, and varicose veins
• Discuss in detail multiple areas of cardiovascular medicine
• Draw informed clinical decisions in cardiovascular medicine
• Forecast and discuss important issues and trends in cardiovascular medicine
• Assess health locally and regionally by evaluating the quality of medical care and disease prevention.
Parking is on your own and facilities are available across the street from the Fairmont Pittsburgh Hotel.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 15.75 contact hours.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.25 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 0.25 Attendance
Pre-Register — All pre-registrations are due before October 20, 2020. Registrations after this date are accepted only as on-site registrations. Registering online is the quickest and easiest way to reserve your space.
Please visit our online registration site at https://cce.upmc.com/2021-pittsburgh-vascular-symposium. After registering, an electronic confirmation will be sent to the email address you provided when you registered.
Please note: Registration is not complete until you receive this confirmation. If you do not receive this confirmation within 5-7 days of registration, please contact us at 412-802-3031. You must bring this confirmation with you to the conference.
Cancellation — All cancellations must be in writing, via email or fax. Tuition for cancellations on or before October 7, 2021, will be completely refunded. After October 7, 2021, a $35 administrative fee will be assessed. No refunds will be made after October 20, 2021. Cancellation requests can be made to: Mark Byrne at email@example.com or via fax to 412-291-1669.
The UPMC Center for Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel this program if sufficient registrations are not received. In the case of cancellation, the department will fully refund registration fees.
REGISTRATION FEES (PRE-REGISTER / ON-SITE)
- Physicians: $200 / $300
- Physicians within the UPMC Heart & Vascular Institute should contact Mark Byrne at 412-802-3031 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Residents and Fellows: * Fee Waived / $100
- Residents and Fellows can apply for a fee waiver by contacting Mark Byrne at 412-802-3031 or via email at email@example.com.
- Nurses, PAs, and other health care professionals: $100 / $150
Registration fee includes:
- Continuing education credit
- Registration and course materials
- Continental breakfast, refreshments and lunch
- For additional information, contact the Conference Manager, Mark Byrne, at 412-802-3031 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation by all individuals is encouraged. Advance notification of any special needs will help us provide better service. Please notify us of your needs at least two weeks in advance of the program by calling 412-802-3031.
VISIT THE UPMC HEART AND VASCULAR INSITUTE WEBSITE
The UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute invites you to visit our website at UPMC.com/HVI. Learn more about us and receive information about the conditions we treat, treatment options, specialty programs, services, research and education, our experts, patient stories, and locations.