2023 Pittsburgh Vascular Symposium – “Comprehensive Vascular Care”
This course will provide evaluation and critique of the current and future standards of care in the treatment of the vascular patient with respect to medical management, as well as endovascular and open therapies for the primary care provider, cardiologists, interventionalists, and the vascular surgeon. It continues to focus on new developments in technology, as well as surgical techniques, and will highlight the controversies as well as accepted practices.
This course is designed for primary care providers, cardiologists, interventionalists, vascular surgeons, and other interested healthcare professionals who provide primary care services.
- Explain the current evidence base and emerging trends for management of arterial and venous pathology.
- Recognize implications of cross-specialty/multidisciplinary care in vascular surgery.
- Delineate the optimal treatment strategies for patients with extremity arterial diseases, aortic aneurysms, thoracic aortic pathology, carotid artery stenosis, and varicose veins.
- Recognize and discuss important issues regarding congenital and genetic vascular diseases.
• Michel Makaroun, MD
• Natalie Sridharan, MD
• Michael J. Singh, MD
• Elizabeth Andraska, MD
All individuals in a position to control the content of this education activity have disclosed all financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
All of the relevant financial relationships for the individuals listed below have been mitigated.
• Frank Arko, MD, is a consultant for Penumbra, Shockwave, Medtronic, Philips, BD, Gore, and Globus.
• Efthymios Avgerinos, MD, FACS, FEBVS, is a member of the CE Speakers’ Bureau for BD Medical, INARI Medical, Gore Medical, Phillips, and Angiodynamics.
• Rabih Chaer, MD, is a speaker for Boston Scientific.
• Daniel Clair, MD, is a consultant for Boston Scientific, Endologix, Elastimed, Medtronic, LimFlow, Vesteck, Nectero, and Caeli Vascular.
• Michael S. Conte, MD, receives grant/research support from Profusa and is a consultant for Abbott Vascular, Scientific Advisory Board; Anges, and Advisor.
• Ellen Dillavou, MD, FACS, RPVI, receives grant/research support from 3M/KCI and BD, is a consultant for W.L. Gore & Associates and 3M/KCI, and is on the scientific advisory board of W.L. Gore & Associates and Boston Scientific.
• Elizabeth Genovese, MD, MS, FACS, RPVI, is a consultant for Abbott, Cook, Penumbra, Philips, Medtronic, and Shockwave.
• Bradley A. Gross, MD, is a consultant for Medtronic, Microvention, and Stryker.
• Caitlin Hicks, MD, receives grant/research support from NIH/NIDDK, American College of Surgeons, and the Society for Vascular Surgery. She is also a member of the CE Speakers’ Bureau for Cook Medical LLC, W.L. Gore, and Silk Road Medical.
• Michael R. Jaff, DO, is a consultant for Gilde Healthcare and Nectero. He is a stockholder for Access Vascular, Embolitech, R3 Vascular, EFemoral, Tractus Vascular, Vascular Therapies and is a part time employee at Boston Scientific.
• David Loran, MD, is a consultant for Medtronic.
• Michel Makaroun, MD, receives grant/research support from Medtronic, W.L. Gore & Associates, and Cordis. He is also a consultant for Medtronic, W.L. Gore & Associates, and Cordis.
• William Marston, MD, receives grant/research support from Intervene, Inc. and is a consultant for Intervene, Inc., Molnlycke, and Acera Surgical.
• Suresh Mulukutla, MD, receives grant/research support from Boston Scientific and Amgen. He is also a consultant for CardioAlliance and Medtronic.
• Virendra I. Patel, MD, MPH, receives grant/research support from GORE Inc., is a consultant for Artivion, and is a speaker for COOK Medical and SHAPE Medical.
• Bruce L. Rollman, MD, MPH, receives grant/research support from NHLBI, NIMH, and Helmsley Foundation.
• Karim Salem, MD, is a consultant for BD, Cook,and Cagent.
• Robert Tahara, MD, is a consultant for Phillips.
• Grace J. Wang, MD, MSCE, was a speaker at EVS Lunch 2023.
• Theodore Yuo, MD, receives grant/research support from Becton Dickinson and Merit Medical and is a consultant for Merit Medical, W.L. Gore & Associates, and Medtronic.
No other members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 15.75 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 15.75 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 15.75 Attendance
Acknowledgement of Commercial Support
We gratefully acknowledge the following for their generous support.
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
Boston Scientific Corporation
• Abbott Vascular
• Boston Scientific Peripheral Division
• Consensus Medical Systems
• Cook Medical, LLC
• Hanger Clinic
• Inari Medical
• Janssen Pharmaceuticals
• Medtronic Aortic, Inc.
• Medtronic, Inc.
• Penumbra, Inc
• Shockwave Medical, Inc.
• Silk Road Medical
• SurModics, Inc
• Tactile Medical
• Terumo Aortic
• W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
Pre-Register — All pre-registrations are due before April 3, 2023. Registering online is the quickest and easiest way to reserve your space.
Please note: Registration is not complete until you receive this confirmation. If you do not receive this confirmation within 5-7 days of registration, please contact us at 412-802-3034.
Cancellation — All cancellations must be in writing, via email or fax. Tuition for cancellations on or before April 26, 2023, will be completely refunded. After this date, a $35 administrative fee will be assessed. No refunds will be made after May 4, 2023. Cancellation requests can be made to: Jennifer Titchworth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UPMC Center for Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel this program if sufficient registrations are not received. In the case of cancellation, the department will fully refund registration fees.
REGISTRATION FEES (PRE-REGISTER / ON-SITE)
• Physicians: $100 / $200
• APPs: $75 / $100
• Nurses, and other health care professionals: $75 / $100
• UPMC Physicians, APP and Staff (Fee Waived)
• Residents and Fellows (Fee Waived)
• Speakers/Presenters (Fee Waived)
Registration fee includes:
• Continuing education credit
• Registration and course materials
• Continental breakfast, refreshments and lunch
• Reception/Social Event
• For additional information, contact the Conference Manager, Jennifer Titchworth, at 412-802-3034 or via email at email@example.com