UPMC HVI APP TRANSITION TO PRACTICE MODULE 10: APP PRACTICE IN HVI
This activity is designed to facilitate experienced providers teaching a robust curriculum across the spectrum of adult cardiology and adult cardiac surgery to all newly hired HVI APP's.
This course is designed for physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and other health care professionals who seek improved quality of care for the patients of the HVI.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Document appropriate MCCs within the electronic medical record
- Perform independent billing in compliance with Medicare regulations.
Joseph Spiker, BS - Project Specialist, UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
Lisa Henry, DNP, CRNP, FACC - HVI APP Manager, UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
Katie Scollon, PA-C - Director, Pediatric Heart and Vascular Services; Heart Institute at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
- Megan H. Cortazzo, MD - Associate Professor of Medicine; Medical Director, Clinical Documentation Improvement; Medical Director, Health Information Management UPMC
- Melissa Enlow- Germovsek - Research Manager, UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
- Amanda Urosek, BSN, RN, CVRN-BC - Improvement Specialist, HVI Revenue Cycle, UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Assistant (AAPA)
The University of Pittsburgh has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 4.0 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 4.0 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 4.00 AAPA Category I CME
- 4.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 4.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.