Best Practices for COPD: Management of acute exacerbations of COPD
Faculty, residents, fellows and community physicians in family practice, general internal medicine, and medical subspecialties.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the symptoms of an acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Identify criteria for hospital admission and discharge for patients with acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Implement a "COPD Action Plan" in select patients
- Craig Riley, MD -Clinical Instructor of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
Dr. Riley has received Grant/Research Support from NIH/NHLBI T32 grant funding. He is employed by UPMC and VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, and a consultant for UPMC Health Plan.
- Nicholas DeGregorio, MD, FACP, MMM - Senior Medical Director for UPMC for You and Medical Director for UPMC Health Plan.
Dr. DeGregorio has no relationships with industry relevant to the content of this educational activity have been disclosed.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates enduring material activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.50 Attendance
- Please enter the access code (Uppercase or all CAPS code) you received at the end of the podcast to access the evaluation and claim credit.
- If you have not viewed the podcast: Click here to view Episode 2: Management of Acute Exacerbations of COPD of a three-part podcast series discussing current practice standards for diagnosing, treating, and managing COPD, hosted by Dr. Craig Riley, a UPMC pulmonologist and Dr. Nicholas Degregorio, internal medicine physician and Senior Medical Director. At the end of the podcast you will receive a code to gain access to the CME evaluation and claim credit.
If you viewed the podcast and have your access code, click REGISTER to enter the code and complete the course evaluation. You must be logged in to complete the process.