Recorded Child Life
This program will review the role that a Child Life Specialist and Creative Arts Therapy plays in helping a child have a successful hospitalization with minimal stress and increased coping skills.
Participants will be able to discuss multiple support staff teams and services throughout the hospital.
Participants will be able to identify needs of patient (and family members) outside of the patient’s direct medical treatment.
Participants will explore a variety of techniques, strategies, and interventions used by Child Life and Creative and Expressive Arts Therapy staff.
Steps to complete:
- Review the attached video.
- Take and pass quiz with an 80% or greater
- Complete evaluation
UPMC: Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Kristin Duns, MS, CCL Child Life Specialist
Nicole Steele MS, MT-BC, NICU-MT Music Therapist
- In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit[s]™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1 contact hours.
- Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance