MEDICAL STAFF LEADER ORIENTATION & TOOLKIT_ENDURING
LEADERSHIP ESSENTIALS - Presented by: Rachel Remaley and LeeAnne Mitchell
- Legal Protections for Medical Staff Leaders
- The Board's Role in Medical Staff Functions
- Managing Conflicts of Interest in Credentialing and Peer Review: A Methodical, Practical Approach; Documenting Medical Staff Activities
- The Peer Review Continuum: An Overview
CREDENTIALING ESSENTIALS - Presented by: Lauren Massucci and Charles Chulack
- Credentialing for Excellence
- Tackling Tough Privileging Issues
PEER REVIEW PRIMER - Presented by: Phil Zarone and Ian Donaldson
- Peer Review of Clinical Concerns that Protects Patients and Helps your Colleagues Succeed
- Tips for Conducting Mentoring Efforts and Collegial Counseling
- Performance Improvement Plans – Purpose and Implementation
- Reviewing Professionalism and Practitioner Health Issues
This course was designed for hospital administrators, physicians and clinicians who need to be better informed about how to manage and possibly improve their overall performance
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Define and understand the legal responsibilities of medical staff leaders, particularly with respect to credentialing, privileging, and peer review.
- Identify legal issues that affect credentialing and define the benefits of having policies and procedures to address problem practitioners.
- Identify best practices for the Medical Staff and Advanced Practice Professional peer review process.
- Identify legal issues that affect peer review and learn how to effectively manage those legal issues.
Marianne Crosby, Director at Horty, Springer & Mattern, P.C.
Ian M. Donaldson, JD - Partner with the law firm of Horty, Springer & Mattern, P.C.
Phil Zarone, JD - Partner with the law firm of Horty, Springer & Mattern, P.C.
Rachel E. Remaley, JD - Partner with the law firm of Horty, Springer & Mattern, P.C.
LeeAnne Mitchell, JD - Partner with the law firm of Horty, Springer & Mattern, P.C.
Charles J. Chulack, JD - Partner with the law firm of Horty, Springer & Mattern, P.C.
Lauren M. Massucci, JD - Partner with the law firm of Horty, Springer & Mattern, P.C.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters, and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by, the UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences, UPMC / University of Pittsburgh Medical Center or Affiliates and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Reasonable efforts have been taken intending for educational subject matter to be presented in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. However, each program attendee must always use his/her own personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment decisions including, without limitation, FDA-approved uses and any off-label uses.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit[s]™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 6.00 Attendance
The educational content for this course is posted on https://www.hortyspringer.com/seminars/medicalstaffleaderorientationtoolkit/. You should log in or register here only after you review the educational content for this course.
This is the link that you should use to complete the post-test and course evaluation to receive your credits and certificate.
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.