Neonatal Nursing Fellowship Class- Cardiac and Respiratory
Respiratory problems are the number one reason for NICU admission and having working knowledge of interventions for the management of respiratory issues in the NICU is imperative. Cardiac problems are as important for this patient population. These areas will be discussed.
1. Discuss the management of congenital heart defects in the newborn.
2. Describe the cycle of PPHN and the action of nitric oxide on the pulmonary vasculature.
3. Identify landmarks, tubes, lines and radiographic findings on neonatal x-rays.
4. Describe ventilation strategies utilized for the neonatal patient.
5. State the treatment for common neonatal arrhythmias.
6. Discuss the care of a patient with congenital diaphragmatic hernia
7. Identify medications utilized in the treatment of neonatal hypotension and heart failure.
- 5.75 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 7.00 Attendance