UPMC Emergency Preparedness Annual Summit
- The participant will be able to describe emergency management activities involved in active shooter preparedness, response, and recovery.
- The participant will take advantage of training opportunities available to them and apply the information gained at the trainings to the emergency management process at the business units.
- The participant will understand the processes necessary to conduct an exercise series to evaluate and improve the business unit emergency operations plan.
This activity is approved for the following credit: AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, ANCC, and ASWB. Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.25 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 0.25 ASWB
- 0.25 Attendance