UPMC Northwest Medical Staff Stroke Orientation
The UPMC Northwest Medical Staff Stroke Orientation will provide Physicians with stroke protocols within the facility and patient care will align with the ASA stroke guidelines.
Physicians, residents, and physician extenders who are beginning practice within UPMC Northwest
- Participants will discuss inclusion/exclusion criteria of tPA
- Participants will verbalize understanding of diagnostic testing and identification of stroke with appropriate treatment options.
- Participants will discuss outcomes of NINDS, ECASS III, and UPMC Northwest inclusion in POINT trial.
- Physicians will verbalize understanding of stroke protocols within facility
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters, and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by, the UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences, UPMC / University of Pittsburgh Medical Center or Affiliates and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Reasonable efforts have been taken intending for educational subject matter to be presented in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. However, each program attendee must always use his/her own personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment decisions including, without limitation, FDA-approved uses and any off-label uses
Stacy Zacherl, BSN, RN, CEN - Nurse Educator UPMC Northwest
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 Attendance