Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) February 2-3, 2022
• assess the patient’s condition rapidly and accurately
• resuscitate and stabilize the patient according to priority
• determine if the patient’s needs exceeded a facility’s capabilities
• arrange appropriately for the patient’s definitive care
• ensure that optimum care is provided.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 21.5 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 21.5 contact hours.
- 21.50 AAPA Category I CME
- 21.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 21.50 Attendance