Child Maltreatment ACT 31 Training
This course meets the requirement for 2 hours of PA Act 31 Board-approved continuing education in child abuse recognition and reporting. UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Child Advocacy Center is the approved provider. Your credits will be reported to the Board by the PMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Child Advocacy Center. If you have questions, please contact Debra Shane, email@example.com.
Important note: Your continuing education credit certificate will not be accepted to document the 2 hours of PA Act 31 Board-approved continuing education. If you have questions, please contact Debra Shane, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Maltreatment Part 1 of 2- this is the first part of the 2 hours child abuse training under Act 31 to cover the material required for licensure renewal of mandated reporters. Must attend both part 1 and 2 for full credit- State approved.
1. Understand the child welfare system in Pennsylvania
2. Be able to list 5 types of child maltreatment
3. Recognize potential risks and indicators of child maltreatment
4. Be able to describe the ChildLine referral process and the role of the mandated reporter in it
November 16, 2022
4:00pm - 6:00pm
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 2.0 contact hours.
Physician Assistant (AAPA)
The University of Pittsburgh has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 2.0 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 2.00 AAPA Category I CME
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 2.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 2.00 Attendance