Comprehensive Crisis Management Train-the-Trainer_August 21-25, 2023
The Comprehensive Crisis Management Train the Trainer program is a 40-hour training designed to give trainers the knowledge, skills, and confidence to instruct the Comprehensive Crisis Management (CCM) training program.
Prerequisite for training:
- The CCM Basic Program is an eight-hour program consisting of two components:
- The lecture and discussion component focuses on assessment and prevention techniques as well as crisis management skills. The information helps employees to assess whether a potentially dangerous situation is developing and how to prevent a crisis.
- A physical demonstration and practice component teaches physical interventions for movement, escape, and emergency safety interventions that are effective and safe for staff and the aggressor. These interventions do not rely on strength or surprise, but instead, participants learn to use natural body movement in effective ways.
- Minimum of two trainers are required per site.
- A memorandum of understanding must be signed by the appropriate designee from your agency and returned to UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital before the training begins.
- Trainee must have sufficient clinical experience and be physically capable to become a competent trainer.
- Training must be performed in teams of at least two trainers.
- Training can only be given to members of your agency.
- Trainers must be re-certified by Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic annually.
- Trainers must follow the program and instructor requirements which will be discussed during the training.
- Trainers must renew their Instructor Status annually with UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital.
Dress: Please plan to dress casually for the entire week (jeans, sweats, etc). Each day of the week will be divided between the lecture and physical portions of the program, so please be comfortable.
Participants will receive 35 hours of continuing education credit for this class.
For questions about this class please contact:
Mollie Moreci/Timothy Birge
- Identify a variety of reasons for challenging behaviors
- Understand the impact of emotional trauma and the importance of providing trauma-informed care
- Recognize the importance of ongoing self-assessment
- Understand the importance of developing a trusting relationship
- Identify key factors in the prevention of crisis situations
- Discuss responsibilities necessary in the safe resolution of crisis situations
- Perform appropriate physical escape and emergency safety interventions