06-01-2022 Comprehensive Crisis Management (Refresher Course)
The Comprehensive Crisis Management Course was developed through the Crisis Training Institute of Western Psychiatric Institute & Clinic (WPIC) for crisis prevention, intervention, and post-intervention management.
This training course will require annual re-certification (a 4-hour class) and involves 2-hours of content-based learning and 2 hours of physical escape interventions.
Upon completion of this course
- The learner will be able to describe prevention techniques for patients and families.
- The learner will be able to describe intervention strategies for patients and families.
- The learner will be able to describe debriefing approaches for patients and families.
- The learner will role-play de-escalation strategies for a mock patient-scenario.
- The learner will practice physical escape interventions that optimize patient safety
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is _3_ contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 3.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation