12-Lead EKG Interpretation | December 1, 2020
This course is designed to is increase nursing knowledge of EKGs and equip nurses to interpret EKGs.
This course is open to registered nurses, advanced practice registered nurses, student nurses, and EKG technicians.
- Describe the blood supply of the heart
- Identify the signs and symptoms of acute coronary syndrome
- Identify EKG changes associated with acute coronary syndrome
- Discuss the various treatment modalities for acute coronary syndrome
Shirley Sebastian, MSN, RN, CCRN-K
Senior Professional Nurse II
UPMC St. Margaret
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is approved for the following credit: ANCC. Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 2.5 contact hours.
- 2.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 2.50 Attendance