2022 Nurses Week Conference
This program provides staff the opportunity to hear the value of frontline staff from Senior Leadership. Staff will also hear initiatives in place that impact nursing practice.
At the end of the conference the attendees will be able to:
- Describe the vision of UPMC senior leadership
- Describe how nurses fit into the vision
- Describe tips and techniques to increase engagement and demonstrate how engaged employees provide excellent care.
- State two ways UPMC Cares about the nurses.
- List current nursing initiatives in place to increase recruitment and retention.
Holly Lorenz, DNP, RN, NEA-BC
- In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is _2.5_ contact hours.
- Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 2.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 2.50 Attendance