7 C - Language Preference - 4
The expected interventions will translate in improvement of key performance indicators (readmission rates, length of stay, patient experience, etc.) for language-diverse patients. By mitigating language-discordant health care and reducing language barriers, UPMC and UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh will be known and recognized as a welcoming and culturally competent organization where patients and families would want to receive care not only because of our outstanding medical services but also because we welcome and know how to care for diverse populations.
This session will present partial results and will gather feedback from the units.
Following the session the learner will be able to
- Explain the impact of not documenting language preference accurately and consistently
- Ask for language preference in an inclusive and equitable way and where to document in the medical record.
- Properly document language preference and correct it when necessary.
Maria Cecilia Q. Dancisin MBA, CMI-Spanish
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 0.5 contact hours.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this [replace with applicable format: blended activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit[s]™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 0.50 Attendance