988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
What the webinar will cover
Pennsylvania and its approach to 988 will:
- Provide medical professionals with information and data related to suicide
- Offer background on the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, a national toll-free resource for anyone to call during a mental health crisis, including its new 988 phone number that gives Pennsylvanians access to 24/7 crisis support.
- Educate providers on the lifeline’s support, prevention, and crisis resources.
- Highlight the importance of educating patients, families and communities about the lifeline.
There is no educational content to this course. This course is designed to supplement training that has already occurred. This course is designed to only administer the post-test and collect CME evaluations.
Physicians, nurses, and clinical staff
- Understand the prevalence of suicide from a national and state perspective, and that suicide is a persistent public health crisis that is preventable.
- Educate their patients about the resources available through the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline the ease of access via 988.
- Utilize resources at UPMC Health Plan to help navigate the behavioral health service system.
Course content located on Brainshark platform. There is no educational content to this course. This course is designed to only administer the post-test and collect CME evaluations.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.