Addiction Care for the non-Addiction Provider Part I: Screening and Initial Intervention_Enduring
Michael Lynch, MD, Medical Director, Pittsburgh Poison Center; Medical Director, UPMC Health Plan Substance Use Disorder Services; and Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Toxicology, Pediatrics, and Addiction at the University of Pittsburgh will discuss screening and initial intervention for the non-addiction provider. This will be part 1 of a 4-part series. This is a recording of a webinar which originally took place on Dec 8, 2021.
Providers in Addiction Medicine, Family Practice, General Practice, and Internal Medicine.
- Describe the current effects of substance use disorders on morbidity and mortality
- Discuss the physiology of addiction
- Review prevalence data and stigma/language associated with SUD and its care
- Present available screening tools and processes
- Describe practices that reduce harm and morbidity associated with substance use
- Discuss implementation barriers and opportunities
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1 contact hours.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.