Addiction Care for the non-Addiction Provider Part II: Alcohol Use Disorder Management
Michael Lynch, MD, Medical Director, Pittsburgh Poison Center; Medical Director, UPMC Health Plan Substance Use Disorder Services; and Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Toxicology, Pediatrics, and Addiction at the University of Pittsburgh, will discuss alcohol use disorder management for the non-addiction provider. This will be part 2 of a 4-part series.
Providers in Addiction Medicine, Family Practice, General Practice, and Internal Medicine.
- Present the prevalence and impact of alcohol use disorder (AUD) and withdrawal.
- Describe AUD screening and withdrawal assessment.
- Review medical management of alcohol withdrawal and AUD.
- Explore non-medication interventions for patients with AUD.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 ASWB
- 1.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.