Addiction Care for the non-Addiction Provider Part III: Opioid Use Disorder Management_Enduring
Michael Lynch, MD, Medical Director, Pittsburgh Poison Center; Medical Director, UPMC Health Plan Substance Use Disorder Services; and Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Toxicology, Pediatrics, and Addiction at the University of Pittsburgh, will discuss opioid use disorder management for the non-addiction provider. This will be part 3 of a 4-part series. This is a recording of a webinar which originally took place on February 23, 2022.
Providers in Addiction Medicine, Family Practice, General Practice, and Internal Medicine.
- Present national and PA-specific opioid overdose death trends.
- Describe basis for recommending medication treatment for opioid use disorder (MOUD).
- Discuss different MOUD options.
- Review buprenorphine induction and maintenance therapy including special populations and drug screens.
- Summarize CDC naloxone prescribing recommendations.
- Name several available resources for assistance with patient care and referral.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.