Addiction Care for the non-Addiction Provider Part IV: Summary of Care and Available Resources_Enduring
Michael Lynch, MD, Medical Director, Pittsburgh Poison Center; Medical Director, UPMC Health Plan Substance Use Disorder Services; and Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Toxicology, Pediatrics, and Addiction at the University of Pittsburgh, will discuss an overview of management and available resources for the non-addiction provider. This will be part 4 of a 4-part series. This is a recording of a webinar which originally took place on March 23, 2022.
Providers in Addiction Medicine, Family Practice, General Practice, and Internal Medicine.
- Present data regarding the prevalence and impact of substance use disorders on society & healthcare
- Provide an overview of a feasible screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment processes including reimbursement opportunities
- Review basic medical management principles for patients with substance use disorders
- Describe existing support and referral resources available to Pennsylvania providers to connect patients to ongoing care
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.