Behavioral Health in Primary Care: How UPMC Health Plan Can Help_Enduring
The presentation will include an overview of behavioral health in primary care, including background, prevalence, and best practices; available supports and services at UPMC Health Plan, including the RxWell app and Behavioral Health Condition and Case Management; and how you can prescribe these and other UPMC Health Plan supports and services with Prescription for Wellness. The webinar will also detail reimbursement and incentives for depression screening.
Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Psychologists, and Social Workers in Primary Care settings.
- Understand the outsize importance of behavioral health conditions on overall well-being.
- Gain familiarity with the primary screening tools for depression, anxiety, substance use disorders, and cognitive decline.
- Understand consensus guidelines for treatment and follow-up for depression, generalized anxiety disorder, alcohol and/or opioid use disorders, and major neurocognitive disorders.
- Understand when to refer to psychiatry or seek consultation, with a focus on stimulants, sedative/hypnotics, children, pregnant women, and SPMI.
- Learn about resources at UPMC Health Plan to help navigate the behavioral health service system, including in emergency situations.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.