CART - Robotic Surgery Training - November 4-8, 2019
To learn how to use the robot to perform steps of robotic surgeries safely, efficiently and effectively
Monday, November 4th:
- 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Robotic Whipple Observation done by Dr. Zureikat.
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Break for lunch and to travel between UPMC Shadyside and UPMC Presbyterian on the UPMC Shuttle.
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Pretest on Da Vinci Robot and Mimic Trainer in the Robotic Training Lab, Room 100, UPMC Presbyterian, Eye and Ear Institute, UPMC Presbyterian
- 3:00 PM – 6:30 PM: Work through Simulation Curriculum on Mimic Trainer in Robotic Training Lab.
Tuesday, November 5th:
- 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM: Robotic Whipple Observation done by Dr. Zureikat.
- 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Break for lunch.
- 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM: Finish Simulation Curriculum in the Robotic Training Lab, Room 100, UPMC Presbyterian, Eye and Ear Institute, UPMC Presbyterian.
Wednesday, November 6th:
- 8:00 AM – 8:15 AM: Meet Rebecca in the Robotic Training Lab, Eye and Ear, Floor 1, Room 100.
- 8:15 AM - 9:15 AM: Posttest on Da Vinci Robot and Mimic Trainer
- 9:15 AM - 12:00 PM: Biotissue Drills on the Da Vinci (1 HJ, 1 GJ, 1 PJ, 1 IHJ)
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Break for Lunch.
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Biotissue Drills on the Da Vinci (1 HJ, 1 GJ, 1 PJ, 1 IHJ)
Thursday, November 7th:
- 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM: Robotic Whipple Observation completed by Dr. Zureikat.
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Lunch and Didactics by Dr. Zureikat and Jen Bonfili in Scaife Hall 4th Floor Conference Room
- 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM: Break to go back to hotel and change for dinner and travel to SOBA (Dr. Zureikat will pick you up).
Friday, November 8th:
- 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM: Research Meeting at Shadyside Hospital, Medical Building, 4th Floor
- 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM: Travel to Shadyside
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Biotissue Drills on Da Vinci Proctored by Dr. Zureikat (HJ, GJ, PJ, IHJ)
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Break for Lunch.
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Continued Biotissue Drills on Da Vinci (HJ, GJ, PJ, IHJ)
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters, and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by, the UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences, UPMC / University of Pittsburgh Medical Center or Affiliates and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Reasonable efforts have been taken intending for educational subject matter to be presented in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. However, each program attendee must always use his/her own personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment decisions including, without limitation, FDA-approved uses and any off-label uses
Dr. Amer Zureikat, MD, FACS, Faculty -Associate Professor of Surgery, Chief, Division of GI Surgical Oncology
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 40.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 40.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 40.25 Attendance