Central Line Education Fair 02/19/2024
This course was designed to educate nurses on important areas of central line care in order to decrease patient's risk for infections and increase patient safety.
After completing this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Identify need for alteplase usage and adhere to policy regarding volume to be administered
- Identify an unocclusive dressing by demonstration of thorough assessment
- Demonstrate appropriate flushing techniques and verbalize it's importance
- Identify appropriate assessment of 3M tegaderm CHG dressing
- Determine line patency and identify appropriate actions for troubleshooting if line is not patent
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hour(s).
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance