Comprehensive Crisis Management (Initial Course)- 05/04/2022
The Comprehensive Crisis Management Course was developed through the Crisis Training Institute of Western Psychiatric Institute & Clinic (WPIC) for crisis prevention, intervention, and post-intervention management.
After attending this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Describe prevention techniques for patients and families.
- Describe intervention strategies for patients and families.
- Describe debriefing approaches for patients and families.
- Role-play de-escalation strategies for a mock patient-scenario.
- Practice physical escape interventions that optimize patient safety.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 5 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 5.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 5.00 Attendance