Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) 2023 - May 2023
May 26th: 8am - 3pm
Instructors: Shelly Caton, Chay Crosser, Brenda Ridgeway, Brooke Fuzie
RNs, Graduate Nurses
1. Identify two situations when dialysis would be required.
2. Identify two types of CAPD and two alternatives to CAPD.
3. Explain the physiology, associated pharmacology, and nutrition related to CAPD.
4. Demonstrate a CAPD Exchange with discussion of how to manage various complications related to an exchange.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 7.0 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 7.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation