Diabetes Management Series Session I: Diabetes Updates_Enduring
The aim of this educational activity is to review the most up-to-date therapeutic options for diabetes control with UPMC Health Plan clinical staff.
There is no educational content to this course. This course is designed to supplement training that has already occurred. This course is designed to only administer the post-test and collect CME evaluations.
Nurses, Social Workers, Health Coaches, Registered Dieticians, and Paramedics / EMTs
- Describe skills to identify patients who would benefit from diabetes technology (CGM, insulin pump)
- Explain ways to access subspecialist(endocrinologist) by video-visits and e-consults
- Discuss improvement of diabetes control and outcomes by utilizing new agents (sglt2i and Glp1ra)
Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at UPMC Division of Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Esra French, MD, MBA – Pfizer, Abbott: grant/research support
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.