Diabetes Management Session 3: Diabetes Medication Updates_Enduring
The purpose of this educational activity is aimed at providing the clinical staff at UPMC Health Plan an overview of current diabetes medication treatments.
There is no educational content to this course. This course is designed to supplement training that has already occurred. This course is designed to only administer the post-test and collect CME evaluations.
Nurses, Social Workers, Health Coaches, Registered Dieticians, Pharmacists, and Paramedics / EMTs
- Recall the indications, dosing, available dosage forms, and proper storage of diabetes medications
- Discuss mechanisms of action for current classes of diabetes medications
- Identify common adverse effects and key counseling points for diabetes medications
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyThe UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a Provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.