Differences Between Palliative and Hospice Care
Providing this education will improve the referrals for palliative care and hospice and improve patient experiences as there is a lack of understanding the difference between palliative care and hospice as well as an underutilization of both.
Following this presentation :
1. The participant will be able to identify key differences between hospice care and palliative care.
2. The participant will be able to identify key features of the hospice insurance benefit and types of palliative care programs.
3. The participant will understand the implications to patient plans of care based on benefit choices.
California University of PA Sigma chapter, Pi Rho
- In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is _1_ contact hours.
- Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance