Disability Types - Physical Disabilities
This activity will improve feelings of empowerment for both nurse/ staff member and patients. It will also help to improve patient satisfaction and outcomes.
This course is designed for nurse practitioners, nurses, and other health care professionals who seek improved quality of care for the patients.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the built environment as it relates to requirements for accessible parking, accessible restrooms, and accessible inpatient rooms.
- Implement the components of a safe transfer and will access appropriate resources and auxiliary aids.
- Identify how to document physical disabilities in the electronic health record (EHR) via the CHRIS form.
- Apply their knowledge to caring with patients with physical disabilities.
Ashli Molinero, DSc - Director, UPMC Disabilities Resource Center at UPMC
Kaitlin A Kerr, RN, MSN - Clinical Educator for Disability Awareness - Disabilities Resources Center at UPMC
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.