DMV Liver Transplant Anesthesia Meeting 2022
This SATA regional meeting provides the audience with updated knowledge on several critical management issues in the liver transplant patients population.
Specialists working in the area of organ transplantation (ex., transplant anesthesiologists, intensivists, transplant surgeons, other transplant medicine specialists, and CRNAs); Trainees (ex., residents, fellows); Students (medical students, nursing students)
- Discuss post operative pain management of the donor in a living donor liver transplant (LDLT).
- Discuss the management of post reperfusion coagulopathy and choice of vasoactive drugs during orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT).
- Review the pathophysiology and the impact of Cirrhotic Cardiomyopathy and Sickle Cell disease in the liver transplant population.
- Discuss the surgical criteria for matching candidates to liver transplant and graft.
- Share the clinical experience in challenging OLT cases.
- Debate the pros and cons of having a dedicated ICU for liver transplant patients
- Equity ownership in CoapTech; Stock ownership in GE, Butterfly Network, Sana Biotechnology, Moderna, AstraZeneca, eHealth, and Atea Pharmaceuticals
- Megan Rashid, MD: Baxter Brazil (Lecturer)
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 4.00 Attendance