ED Staff Education Meeting December 2021
This course was designed to educate ED nurses on a variety of issues that they may encounter in the emergency room.
After completing this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the appropriate techniques for administering oral medications to pediatric patients who are uncooperative
- Identify reversal agents used for opioids and benzodiazepines during procedural sedation
- Identify order limitations for violent and non-violent restraints
- Identify priorities during a pediatric trauma arrest
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hour(s).
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance