Error Prevention 0.5 CE
presented by Amy DiMaggio, MSN, RN, CMSRN, OCN
Upon completion of the activity the learner will be able to:
- Define medical errors and understand their impact in the United States
- Understand why oncology patients are at risk for medical errors
- Identify ways to prevent medical errors
- Describe barriers and methods to deliver patient and caregiver education
Amy DiMaggio, MSN, RN, CMSRN, OCN
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 0.5 contact hour.
- 0.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation