Essentials of Safe Administration of Chemotherapy and Biotherapy
Essentials of Safe Administration is the final course in The Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Hybrid Course.
Hillman Cancer Center Nurses
Upon completion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the safe administration of antineoplastic and supportive therapies.
- Recognize extravasation and management of the extravasation.
- Discuss risks that lead to medication errors and strategies to prevent errors.
- Discuss the management of hypersensitivity reaction.
Amy DiMaggio, MSN, RN, CMSRN
Gloria Gotaskie, MSN, RN
Becky McClelland, MSN-Ed, RN, OCN
Brittni Prosdocimo, MSN, RN, BMTCN
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
To receive 4.0 Contact Hours the learner must sign in and attend the entire activity and complete the activity evaluation.
- 4.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 4.00 Attendance