Fall 22 Foundations to Practice: Hematologic Malignancies
Foundations to Practice: Hematologic Malignancies: Monday, September 26, 2022
UPMC Shadyside Herberman Conference Center Room 201AB and UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, Remote Attendance
The learner will be able to:
- Explain resources available from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Identify risk factors that may lead to the development of hematologic malignancies
- Explain the diagnostic work up for hematologic malignancies
- Explain the treatment of hematologic malignancies
- Recognize indications for the use of blood products in patients with cancer
- Demonstrate learning has occurred by receiving at least an 85% on final quiz
- Angela Austin
- Molly Braffet, PA-C
- Jaime Kriner, PA-C
- Sarah McGregor, PA-C
- Lirong Qu, MD, PhD
- Allison Scott, PA-C
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 5 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 5 contact hours.
To receive 5 Contact Hours, the learner must record attendance, attend the entire activity, complete the activity evaluation, and achieve ≥ 85% on the knowledge assessment. Attendance will be tracked throughout course day.
- 5.00 AAPA Category I CME
- 5.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 5.00 Attendance