Fall 22 Foundations to Practice: Pathophysiology of Cancer, Cancer Treatment Modalities, and the Immune System
Foundations to Practice: Pathophysiology of Cancer, Cancer Treatment Modalities, and the Immune System
Monday, August 29th, 2022
UPMC Shadyside Herberman Conference Center Room 201AB and Remote Attendance
The learner will be able to:
- Identify the role of the Foundations to Practice Series in providing care to patients with cancer.
- Recognize characteristics of malignant disease.
- Describe the meaning of cancer disparity.
- Explain the role of different treatment modalities in treating patients with cancer.
- Recall the immune system’s function in the development and treatment of cancer.
- Identify goals of treatment for patients with cancer.
- Recognize the role of clinical trials in treating patients with cancer.
- Demonstrate learning has occurred by receiving at least an 85% on the final knowledge assessment.
- Shrina Duggal, PharmD, BCOP
- Elizabeth Lacey BSN, RN, OCN
- Christopher Maney, BSN, ADN, RN, OCN
- Ketura Miller, BSN, RN, OCN
- Brittni Prosdocimo, MSN, RN, BMTCN
- Lyn B. Robertson, DrPH, MSN, RN
- Jennifer Ruth, BSN, RN, CCRP
- Melissa Wilson, PA-C
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 7 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 7 contact hours.
To receive 7 Contact Hours, the learner must sign in, attend the entire activity, complete the activity evaluation, and achieve ≥ 85% on the knowledge assessment. Attendance will be tracked throughout the day of the course.
- 7.00 AAPA Category I CME
- 7.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 7.00 Attendance