FY 23-24 Summer OCN Test Review Course
OCN® Test Review Course
Thursday, August 24, 2023
Virtual Attendance via Microsoft TEAMS
The learner will be able to:
- Identify what content areas will be tested on the OCN exam.
- Describe appropriate nursing measures to care for a patient experiencing an oncologic emergency.
- Identify nursing interventions related to the management of symptoms resulting from cancer and cancer treatment.
- Explain the different treatment modalities used to treat cancer.
- Differentiate between clinical trials, unproven therapies, and complementary therapies in cancer treatment.
- Understand the psychosocial dimensions of a patient during cancer diagnosis, cancer treatment, survivorship, and end-of-life.
- Describe the different aspects of oncology nursing regarding professional practice, including national resources, evidence-based practice, patient advocacy, and professional development.
- Nancy Birus, MSN-Ed, RN, OCN
- Amy DiMaggio, MSN, RN, OCN
- Lynne O'Connor, MSN, RN, OCN
- Brittni Prosdocimo, MSN, RN, BMTCN
- Markie Rearick, MSN, RN, BMTCN
- Tricia Seaman, MSN, RN, CMSRN
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 7 contact hours.
To receive 7 contact hours, the learner must log in, record attendance, attend entire course day, and complete the activity evaluation.
- 7.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation