Join UPMC Sr Services for special program for WorkPartners staff
January 14, 2021
In this program we will discuss several geriatric syndromes such as incontinence, falls, delirium and insomnia. The program will focus on the idea of geriatric syndromes being multifactorial and not associated with a singular disease process.
WorkPartners nursing and social work
- Explore the effects of aging on the body
- Discuss assessment and treatment options for older adults with urinary incontinence
- Identify causes of insomnia in the older adult
- Explore the common causes of falls in the older adult
- Identify the most common causes of confusion in the older adult
Speaker: Melissa Jones, MSN, RN, CDP, DS UPMC Sr Services
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 2.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 2.00 ASWB
- 2.00 Attendance