Healthcare Leadership Program Asynchronous/Synchronous Teamwork and Collaboration Module 2 April 5-26, 2023
FOUR DYNAMIC LEARNING MODULES Taught by faculty thought leaders in business healthcare.
- NAVIGATE CHANGE Discover your leadership skills and build on that foundation. Create strategies and manage the change around you. Become the manager of organizational change in the workforce.
- LEAD EFFECTIVE TEAMS Improve your communication, negotiation, and conflict management skills. Implement new strategies and initiatives. Become a voice in your industry or organization.
- MAKE EVIDENCE-BASED DECISIONS Put forth your understanding of healthcare processes to make informed, evidence-based decisions. Develop strategies that your consumers and constituents want and need.
- CONNECT AND DISCOVER Led by the faculty within Katz MBA, rated among the best graduate programs by Financial Times and The Economist, the Foundations for Success series offers a premier path to your business and leadership success.
Module 1: Leadership Self-Awareness and Managing Change (8 total hours) – Concludes on March 29, 2023
Module 2: Teamwork and Collaboration (8 total hours) - Concludes on April 26, 2023
Module 3: Foundational Skills: Evidence-based Decision Making (12 total hours) - Concludes on June 7, 2023
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters, and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by, the UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences, UPMC / University of Pittsburgh Medical Center or Affiliates and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Reasonable efforts have been taken intending for educational subject matter to be presented in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. However, each program attendee must always use his/her own personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment decisions including, without limitation, FDA-approved uses and any off-label uses.
Taya Cohen, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior and Business Ethics, Carnegie Mellon University,
Naudia Johnassaint, Vice Chair for Diversity and Inclusion, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh,
Carrie Leana George H. Love Professor of Organizations and Management, University of Pittsburgh,
David Lebel, Associate Professor of Business Administration, University of Pittsburgh,
Denise Rousseau H.J. Heinz II University Professor of Organizational Behavior And Public Policy, Carnegie Mellon,
Anita Woolley, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior and Theory, University of Pittsburgh
Disclosure Statement: No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
Accreditation and credit designation
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this blended activity for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 8.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 8.00 Attendance