Heart Failure and Success in Medication Optimization
This recorded webinar will educate providers on:
- Updated classifications and definitions of heart failure per the 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA Guidelines for Management of Heart Failure.
- Current Guideline Directed Medical Therapies.
- Practical components of initiating and uptitrating heart failure medications.
- Case studies from Medication Optimization Clinic.
There is no educational content to this course. This course is designed to supplement training that has already occurred. This course is designed to only administer the post-test and collect CME evaluations.
Physicians, nurses, and clinical staff
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Define the updated classifications and definitions of Heart Failure per the 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA Guidelines for Management of Heart Failure
- Review the current Guideline Directed Medical Therapies
- Understand practical components of initiating and uptitrating Heart Failure medications
- Review case studies from Medication Optimization Clinic
UPMC Health Plan
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Gavin Hickey, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Medical Director, VAD and Transplant Program, UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
Program Director, UPMC Advanced Heart Failure/Transplant and Pulmonary Hypertension Fellowship Program
Jennifer Kliner, CRNP
Supervisor, UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute, Advanced Heart Failure and Pulmonary Hypertension Program
Regional Director, Heart Failure Medication Optimization Clinics
Program Coordinator, Comprehensive Pulmonary Hypertension
Barbara Kevish, MD
Nicholas DeGregorio, MD
Anthony DeFail, Jr., MD
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters, and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by, the UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences, UPMC / University of Pittsburgh Medical Center or Affiliates and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Reasonable efforts have been taken intending for educational subject matter to be presented in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. However, each program attendee must always use his/her own personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment decisions including, without limitation, FDA-approved uses and any off-label uses.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC),to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hour.
Other health care professionals
Other health care professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.