When “Enough is Enough” in UC: When Is It Time for Surgery?
UC Surgery: Ileal Pouch vs. Ileostomy
This gastroenterologist education program is designed for physicians committed to Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis patient care. Regional gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons, & subspecialty IBD medical professionals.
- To Understand the differences between Ileal Pouch vs. Ileostomy procedure as well as appropriateness for different patients.
- Knowledge of when to refer UC patients for surgery.
6:40 IBD Collaborative ProgramWelcome Sandra El-Hachem, MD and Marc Schwartz, MD
6:45 Infliximab vs. Cyclosporine Marisa Terino, MD and Shifa Umar, MD
Medical Therapy for Fulminant UC Discussion Jeffrey Dueker, MD
7:30 Debate: Ileal Pouch vs. Ileostomy
- Ileal Pouch Rahal Kahanda, MD
- Ileostomy Kellie Cunningham, MD
Discussion - James McCormick, DO and Javier Salgado, MD
Marc Schwartz, MD - Assistant Professor of Medicine - Div. of GI, Hepatology & Nutrition - University of Pittsburgh/UPMC, Sandra El-Hachem, MD - Assistant Professor of Medicine - AHN , Kellie Cunningham, MD - Jeffrey Dueker, MD - Rahal Kahanda, MD, James McCormick, DO - Javier Salgado, MD - Marisa Terino, MD - Shifa Umar, MD
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses attending this program will receive a Certificate of Attendance confirming 1.5 hours of continuing education in a CME accredited program. These hours may be considered eligible for completing the 30 hours of continuing education required for biannual nursing re-licensure in Pennsylvania.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.50 Attendance