Immune System Defense Against Viral Illness 1 Contact Hour
Nurses caring for patients diagnosed with cancer.
- Review human immune system and its eradication of viral infection
- Identify the steps of viral replication leading to an infection
- Recall viral spread and transmission
- Describe different types of viruses, when they circulate, and seasonality of certain viruses
- Summarize factors which weaken and strengthen the immune system
Brittni Prosdocimo, MSN, RN, BMTCN
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1 contact hour.
To receive credit, the learner must view module, successfully pass knowledge assessment, and complete evaluation.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance