Introduction to Heart/Lung Transplant December 2021
This course was designed to help educate new and experienced nurses and their lack of knowledge regarding pediatric heart/lung transplant.
After completing this activity, the learner will be able to:
- identify common diagnoses that lead to heart/lung transplant in the pediatric population
- identify types of management prior to heart/lung transplant in the pediatric population
- identify commonly used medication in the pediatric heart and lung transplant population
- understand common nursing care associated with pediatric heart and lung transplant medications
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hour(s).
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance