Introduction to Palliative Care
There is no educational content to this course. This course is designed to supplement training that has already occurred. This course is designed to only administer the post-test and collect CME evaluations.
This self-paced course is designed for all Health Plan clinical staff serving all lines of business, as an introduction to the major components of Palliative Care.
- Describe the benefits and major components of Palliative Care.
- Describe the difference between the philosophy and principles of Hospice and Palliative Care
- Identify tools for goals of care conversations
- Describe the UPMC Palliative Care benefit and other resources to support those with serious illness
- Identify common barriers to communication when approaching end of life discussions
- Explore effective strategies to initiate a conversation focused on Palliative Care and end of life issues
- Incorporate principles of motivational interviewing to “find the right words” for a discussion on Palliative Care
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.50 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.