Journal Club – The Differentiation Between Pain and Discomfort: A Concept Analysis of Discomfort
Journal Club is designed to give participants experience with appraising current literature and identifying best practice based on research.
This course is open to anyone interested in the topic.
The learner will be able to:
- Critique the journal article by identifying the purpose, design, limitations, and results
- Define discomfort clearly and holistically
- Differentiate physical and psychological discomfort
- Understand the difference between pain and discomfort
Emily Wickline, PhD, BSN, RN, CMSRN
Senior Professional Staff Nurse II
UPMC St. Margaret
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is approved for the following credit: ANCC. Other healthcare professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1 contact hour.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance